Trying to Conceive Naturally After IVF

TTC Update



Atticus is in this weird quasi-weaned space. His nursing is cut down to once or twice a day - sometimes more if he's feeling unwell. However, he is doing this weird thing lately where he isn't actually drinking, except for a few sips at most. He instead uses me as a pacifier.

A couple things make me think that my supply is either super low or on its way out. My old bras fit! Also, my blood work my RE ordered showed my prolactin was a 4.6. According to Kelly Mom, anything under 25 is normal for non-pregnant, non-lactating women. When ttc a low prolactin level is good - since the hormone inhibits follicle stimulating hormone that helps you ovulate.

After a couple conversations with the husband, we decided to hold off on doing a frozen embryo transfer.

While my levels might be low enough to move forward with a transfer, Atticus isn't technically weaned. I think too this all seemed a bit rushed. While I'm anxious to have another child, preferably close in age to Atticus. I don't want him to have to give up anything too soon because I was ready. I want to remember to focus on the one baby I do have - show gratitude and be present with him. This isn't to say I'm going to go back to being a 24 hour diner - we're still working towards weaning, just more slowly this time.

We decided to wait until the end of the year to reassess what we want to do - most likely continue with a FET. I think giving "the old fashioned way" the old college try before spending a few thousand dollars on IVF would be smart. I can't say I'm very optimistic - hell, I still haven't had my cycle return yet, but it won't hurt to try.

I'm trying to make sure I stay in a happy place these next few months. Not to overkill the research, or natural pregnancy after ivf success stories, tracking, obsessing, worrying. I think hopefully, keeping busy with my always moving toddler will be helpful. He can keep me focused.

I have a few things I'm slowly starting to integrate into my routine to see if they can't help kickstart my ovulation.

-Premama Fertility Supplement Drink*- A myo-inositol supplement. (Studies show it improves egg quality and helps women with PCOS ovulate)
-Vitex* - Promotes regular ovulation and progesterone production.
-OPKs
-A healthy nutritarian diet. For hubby too! I plan a more extensive post on this soon.

*Since Atticus isn't drinking much of anything, I feel it's safe to take these.

The pressure to wean in time for a FET is off and I think all around everyone is happier. Take it slow. Trust the process.

P.S. I also hate reading these kinds of blogs and then never finding out what happens. So, I'm going to try and do monthly posts to update on how supplements seem to be working and anything else relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment